Sunday, January 2, 2011

Movie Review, and I Agree with the Masses

It's not often that we indulge ourselves with a movie, especially IN a theatre (with rocking seats and popcorn!), but we had some complimentary tickets so we 'treated' ourselves last night. 

Ack...I was SO disappointed! 

I had already read the poor reviews but still wanted to see "How Do You Know" with Reese Witherspoon, Jack Nicholson, Owen Wilson and Paul Rudd.  With that lineup, how could you lose, right?

Wrong.

Let me preface this by saying I am one who normally likes movies that get so-so reviews so I was prepared to like it no matter what.

I would say from the first 20 minutes in we just couldn't grasp it.  Maybe we're slow but then so are many (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1341188/) other people who slammed the movie.  The writers/producers/directors just got it wrong this time.  It was so bad all the way to the end that my hub and I were walking out of the theatre shaking our heads and trying to make sense of what we had just seen, and why these wonderful actors would subject themselves to such a convoluted story line.

I won't ruin it for you should you still want to go see it, but you have been warned!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new blog name!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! Hope you are well! Wishing you blessings this year!

    ReplyDelete