Friday, December 31, 2010

"What are you doing New Years, New Years Eve" Follow Friday

Well, I finally have a day off (one that doesn't require cooking and preparing for company)!

This is unusual during the week so I am going to especially enjoy it.  I'm going to have lunch with a friend who I have not seen in a while and then return/exchange a few gifts. 

But something else awaits me.  The image of my dining room table from Wordless Wednesday still remains, with a bit more added around the edges.  The tree is still intact and its been pretty to look at all week.  Obviously I'm a procrastinator and at some point I have to tackle it.  I've decided to buy a roll of bubble wrap (much to Maddy's joy as she loves the stuff) and pack everything away more efficiently than ever since there is a possibility we will be moving.  The wreaths have to come down from outside and the lighted deer packed away.  Thankfully our snow cover from last weekend has turned to a more normal partly cloudy and 57 degrees!

My hub is sick so he won't be able to help.  Whatever viral infection that has invaded my entire family has plagued him and he is miserable.  Antibiotics from the doctor have not helped.  This one has to run its course.  So, no plans for New Years Eve, which is fine with me.  Frozen pizza and kitties on the couch will have to do!

Glory to God in highest heaven,
Who unto man His Son hath given;
While angels sing with tender mirth,
A glad new year to all the earth.
Martin Luther


We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.
Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Wishing all of you a Happy New Year and a 2011 filled with blessings!



3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year... may it continue to bring God's blessings in abundance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and I hope your hubby is feeling better. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Holly! Yes, he is better. Hope your new year is filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete