Monday, January 10, 2011

Meet Me On Monday, snowy day edition!


Snow in the south is usually not common so we get excited when it comes!  We did have a white Christmas for the first time in over 100 years so I had a feeling this year was going to be different.  Just north of here, they got over 8 inches.  That is huge for Georgia!  Unfortunately, where I live we we received just a little snow and a lot of sleet and freezing rain, so we have a layer of snow covered in ice.  As my hub said, "we got CHEATED!"  Maybe the sled will still slide?


Questions:

1.  Have you (only you..not a group) ever won first place in anything?

Yes, I won first place at church last year for my caramel pumpkin cake.  Also, when I was about 6 years old, I won a Fishers of Men contest (also at church) and they gave me my first fishing pole!  
 
2.  Are your toes always painted (sorry guys...this question for girls only)?

In the summer, yes.  In the wintertime when the toes are covered, I let them 'rest'. 

3.  What color eyes do you have?

I'm a brown-eyed girl.

4.  Look to your left....what do you see?

A light lavender wall in my office, with pretty scrolled sculpture hanging on it.

5.  Soft cookies or crunchy cookies?

Both!  I love crunchy edges when they are home baked, especially chocolate chip or peanut butter.  I like big, soft oatmeal raisin cookies too.  Unlike a lot of people, I will not eat cookie dough!


8 comments:

  1. That is SO sweet about the fishing pole!

    I played today, too! I hope you can visit me. :D Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmigosh - no cookie dough? that's some sort of, well something, lol can't think of the word at the moment. I LOVE cookie dough. Try the premade cheesecake it's delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Just hopping by via MMOM. If you have a few minutes spare please pop by and see me.
    Helen x
    www.acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Wisconsin,
    I looked over the blogs listed for MMOM and the title of your blog caught my eye. I love your header. My family are big cat lovers. That's neat that you got some snow. I grew up in California and snow was rare and special. Now that I live in Northern Wisconsin, the snow the novelty has worn off. It is fun to play in if you have the right clothes. Blessings on your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you haven't already, you will have to post the recipe for you Prize Winning cake!! That is wonderful!
    Love your cat widget..Looks like we have the same taste. I hope you have a blessed week.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cats and lavender! :-) Saying hello from MMOM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't eat cookie dough? I don't think I've met many people that don't eat it.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping by yesterday and especially thank you for leaving a comment. It's always fun to make new blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete