Google+ Followers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Meet Me On Monday, snowy day edition!


Snow in the south is usually not common so we get excited when it comes!  We did have a white Christmas for the first time in over 100 years so I had a feeling this year was going to be different.  Just north of here, they got over 8 inches.  That is huge for Georgia!  Unfortunately, where I live we we received just a little snow and a lot of sleet and freezing rain, so we have a layer of snow covered in ice.  As my hub said, "we got CHEATED!"  Maybe the sled will still slide?


Questions:

1.  Have you (only you..not a group) ever won first place in anything?

Yes, I won first place at church last year for my caramel pumpkin cake.  Also, when I was about 6 years old, I won a Fishers of Men contest (also at church) and they gave me my first fishing pole!  
 
2.  Are your toes always painted (sorry guys...this question for girls only)?

In the summer, yes.  In the wintertime when the toes are covered, I let them 'rest'. 

3.  What color eyes do you have?

I'm a brown-eyed girl.

4.  Look to your left....what do you see?

A light lavender wall in my office, with pretty scrolled sculpture hanging on it.

5.  Soft cookies or crunchy cookies?

Both!  I love crunchy edges when they are home baked, especially chocolate chip or peanut butter.  I like big, soft oatmeal raisin cookies too.  Unlike a lot of people, I will not eat cookie dough!