Friday, January 21, 2011

American Idol

I said I wasn't going to watch it.  "It just won't be the same without Simon", I said "and I'm not a fan of Jennifer Lopez".

Okay, my hub said, we'll just flip over for a moment to see what it's like.

Um, I'm hooked...again.

First of all, I love the auditions.  The background stories on some are inspiring, and the ones who can't sing but think they can, well, it's sad for some but a good dose of reality for most.

Best of all, the judges get along, which is nice.  It's a kinder, gentler Idol.  I didn't think I would like Steven Tyler but he's very sweet and honest, and so in Jennifer Lopez.  She's very connected to people the way Paula was.  And Randy just seems to be having a much better time with this group.

And as usual, the talent is amazing.  There is a lot of young (15 and 16 year old) talent this year.

It's my fourth day of lower caffeine intake and I'm still upright!  Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Intrigued by your blog title I had to visit from 'Follow Friday 40 and Over'. We get the same show here in the UK but the judges are dreadful...the contestants are dreadful and... it is completely addictive! I am your newest follower and would be delighted if you would drop by and maybe follow me if you fancy a laugh. Furry animals also very welcome...I'll erect a scratching post to keep them amused while you read.
    Warm wishes
    Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, love this post. I too, said I would not watch...didn't DRV it and watch it once this week and am hooked...hehe...oops!

    Also, wanted to thank you for the comments on my blog and the follow. I plan to follow as soon as a leave this comment!

    blessings-
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I will follow you as well and hope you will return to my site!
    A group of friends encouraged me to start it last July, because of encouragment I had given to them with their style! It has been so much fun! I haven't had time to see American Idol yet, but I usually watch...I will try to catch up with you if I can next week! have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you sound like me. I said the exact same thing as you when this season of Idol was starting.
    I was (and am) a HUGE Simon Cowell fan....I was really dreading this season without him.
    I agree with you on everything you said when I watched the first night of Idol....last night? Not so much.
    The judges being too nice is already getting on my nerves....I need some spice...I don't want all sugar......I will watch but not with the voracity I have watched in years past.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed reading your posts, especially about the "coincidences" in your life! Thanks for stopping by my blog; I'm a new follwer!

    ReplyDelete