Friday, February 18, 2011

Giving Him the Glory

Being spiritually minded and believing that everything happens for a reason, my hub and I have often wondered what the true reason was for our business failing last year.  We realized that we may never know for sure, but we know in our hearts that everything works together for good to those who love God and knew that we had learned some valuable lessons that we could use going forward.

We didn't know that those lessons would be put to use so quickly.  The 'failed' business experience has been invaluable to my hub as he has been navigating the new venture his company is considering.  Without this knowledge, the company could have gotten trapped into a situation that would have cost them tens of thousands.  Thanks to my hub, he's uncovered information that no one had presented before that will slow down if not stop the process completely. 

Since hub works remotely from home, he doesn't always get recognized for all of the things that he does.  Being in the main office this week he has been able to shine especially for the owner of the company, and the owner has now made some great comments.  My hub is an honest, hard worker and always puts everyone else first.  I am so glad he is being recognized for his dedication, and I'm so proud of him! 

And we give God the glory because He is guiding both of us every step of the way.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear this good report. It is always difficult when business fails, especially for men who tend to have a lot of their identity set in what they do for a living. We face similar challenges for my husband as his industry declines (he's been in business for 29 years) and he must find what direction God wants him to take. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of us have to daily say a quiet reminder that GOD IS IN CONTROL OF ALL THINGS and we need to just have faith! Faith is Forsaking All I Trust Him....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete