Monday, November 29, 2010

A Good Cry

I have puffy eyes and a headache from crying too much last night.
 
Over a movie. 

Or, at least that was what started it. 

I think I just needed a good cry.  I used to cry much more easily than I do now.  I've toughened up over the last few years and the tears just don't come as easily and so when they do come, they come in a torrent. 

My husband was in a drugged sleep due to the evil bursitis in his shoulder so I was free to weep without him thinking I was crazy, or hormonal, or both.

I'm normally not a big movie person but the movie was 'November Christmas', a sappy Hallmark holiday movie.  The main reason for wanting to watch was Sam Elliott.  I love that guy.  He's older now but still oh, so handsome, and there is something about the way he talks and his expressions.  What can I say?  It's just admiration from afar.  It also starred John Corbett (Aiden from Sex amd the City), which didn't hurt.

The story was sweet but predictable, but obviously tear jerking enough to get me started.  Hallmark also had a bevy of their sentimental commercials that added to the flow.

By the time the movie was over my pillowcase was wet and my nose was stopped up, hence the puffy eyes and headache today.

So, it's Monday.  Onward and upward, ya'll.

I was lazy this weekend and the Christmas decorations were not pulled out.  This is at least a three-day project.  I may just have to start today after work.  How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment