Monday, November 16, 2009

Life lesson

My day started unexpectedly early at 6:15 with a phone call from one of my employees calling in sick.

Oh, the joys of business ownership.

We are a business in which every position scheduled is necessary at every shift so when someone calls in, there needs to be someone else who can step in. Most of the time that person is me.

I suppose these moments are meant to help me grow because I have never been someone who takes the unexpected in stride. Instead, I bitch and moan about the circumstances that cause the intrusions into my life.

As it turns out, I obviously needed that time at the Center because I walked away happy with how the morning had turned out. I connected with the ladies and felt like I made a difference in some of their lives. I am ashamed of my attitude sometimes when I grumble and gripe about what I should consider a blessing.

Okay Lord, lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment