Saturday, December 5, 2009

What if?

I'm 47 and 9/12ths and I just took a pregnancy test.

It was negative.

I can't say that I would have been devastated had it been positive. My tubes have been tied for 10 years, but stranger things have happened. Who is to say something that strange couldn't happen to ME?

My doctor suggested I take the test. Ever since I started my new magic pill, Prometrium (a natural progesterone supplement) let's just say mother nature hasn't visited, and she had been with amazing regularity before. Taking this wasn't supposed to throw me into full-blown menopause, but I think that's where I am at this point. I go to see the doc on Tuesday and the list of questions is long.

So, back to the real world...

On another note, we have some visitors arriving from Canada on Monday to tour our Center. These are representatives of an investment group that is looking to buy the company of which we are a franchise. What this means for us is this is a chance for them to make us a corporate center, which means maybe they would buy us out? I'm not sure how that works but I am hopeful something good will come of the visit. We spent most of the day cleaning and just making sure everything is in order. If nothing comes of this, we have several clients who have already expressed interest in talking with us.

We are praying for patience as we await resolution to this chapter of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. If you had somehow been pregnant I would have passed out on the spot. hmmmm....I think I'm glad you're not.

    ReplyDelete