Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Just call me Mimi

 
 
Brooks Harold Gillespie
9/23/2013
9 pounds, 8 ounces
20 3/4 inches

 
Proud mommy and baby Brooks.
Isn't she gorgeous within hours of a C section?
 
 
Well, life since 9/23 hasn't been the same!
 
I feel like I'm in a constant state of flux, wanting to be at home with my husband yet wanting to be with my daughter and grandson, too. There is such a draw to be with them, but they are three hours away. He's six weeks old now and so far I've been maintaining an every 2-3 week schedule. I'm SO looking forward to being with them again tomorrow!
 
The past couple of weeks have been a little rough. We thought at first he just had gas, then reflux, but I believe now it's full blown colic. I hope the newest remedy he started yesterday will be effective. Ashley and JG are quite the parenting team, although their confidence wanes when Brooks is inconsolable. Between me, the in laws, my mom and my sister, they have lots of support around. Even so, I know Ashley prefers her mama, and I love that.
 
From what I understand, he's starting to smile and coo a lot. Until now, he's been such a serious little guy.  
 
Here are more pictures through the weeks:
 




 
Everyone thinks he looks just like his daddy, but I see his mommy in him, too.
 
Mimi to the rescue!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment